- What is Niggle It?
- What is a Niggle on this website?
- What types of things do you Niggle, and why?
- What is an Attachment on this website?
- What is the Tax Deduction Report?
- What does the iPhone App do?
- What if I don't have an iPhone?
- Can I email a Niggle to my existing account?
- Will my data be searchable on the internet?
- Are my credit card details secure?
- How do I create an account?
- How do I reset my password?
- Can I delete my account?
- Can anyone else access my account?
- Will my personal information ever be shared with a 3rd party?
- How secure is my information?
- How much does a Niggle It cost?
- What happens when I use all 5 FREE Niggles in a trial account?
- How do I get in contact the team at Niggle It?
- If I change email address and forget to update my account will I still receive my reminder alerts?
- What do I need to use Niggle It effectively?
- Why do I need a scanner or digital camera?
- Is there a size limit for the documents that I can upload?
- How can I tell if I have saved a receipt with an item?
- Is there a limit to the number of items (Niggles) that I can load?
- Can I browse the site using a WiFi or iPhone?
1. What is Niggle It?
Niggle It is a timely reminder service that notifies you prior to your warranties and agreements expiring. It enables you to store a file and create a reminder that will alert you to the item's existence, giving you time to take the required action.
Niggle It aims to give you peace of mind by putting you in control of all the important dates that are regular part of life. Consider this question - how do you currently keep track of your warranty expiry dates and receipts, which you'll need if you have to make a warranty claim? This can be difficult, particularly if the warranty expires years from now.
2. What is a Niggle on this website?
We call the items you register with Niggle It, Niggles. E.g. your new LCD TV you register with Niggle It is a Niggle. The 2 Year Mobile Phone Contract that was registered is a Niggle. Simple.
3. What types of things do you Niggle and why?
Different people will niggle different things. The everyday use will most likely be purchase receipts, service contacts, or any obligation owing to you within a specific time. We will certainly share some of the creative uses. Niggles I have listed are power contracts, family Passports, Licences, Memberships, laptops, user manuals, fixed term loans, travel visas, camera's and it goes on to create a long list. And that’s before I get to my business list. You may be surprised how many of these things we have floating around.
The 'why' is easier to explain. In my case, these important items come and find me at the right time. Niggle It gives me time to make better decisions, right when it counts, or right before it doesn’t count. With that we save time and we save money.
4. What is an Attachment on this website?
Attachments are the files you upload and attach to your purchases or contracts. These attachments (perhaps documents) are accessible to you 24/7. 'Proof of Purchase' in the case of receipts and the "Agreement Page" in the case of contracts. Other useful attachments could be manuals, warranty cards and photos of the items themselves. I even like to copy the packing details that show the serial number and model codes. You can upload as many attachments per item as you like - you're only limited by the total amount of space on your plan.
5. What is the Tax Deduction Report?
Tax Deduction Report will make it easy to consolidate your receipts and present the information to a book keeper or accountant. At tax time, Niggle It will automatically send you a report listing all of the items that you have flagged as tax deductable. We recommend you consult with tax adviser on these items and keep your tax payable to a minimum.
6. What does the iPhone App do?
The iPhone App enables you to create Niggles on the go. You key a few details and optionally take a digital picture of the receipt or document. The App automatically posts the Niggle and picture as a new item within your account. This attachment then becomes 'proof of purchase ' or a copy of the key page of a contract. It's very easy to use and super convenient. The majority of my Niggles were created this way. I simply update them when I am next on the internet at Niggleit.com.
7. What if I don't have an iPhone?
We plan to create more mobile phone applications for other smartphones types. Let us know what phone you have. If your smartphone can take a picture and can send email, take a picture of a receipt and email it firstname.lastname@example.org from your email account that you have registered with Niggle It. A demonstration is available here: Tutorial 2 : Add a Niggle using email.
The Subject will become the 'Item Name' that is listed on Your-Niggles page. Any attachments will be included in the Niggled Item. The default settings are Type of Niggle = Product, Purchase Date = Date email sent. Attachments will be assumed to be Receipts. It's really easy. You can edit the Niggle with the correct details any time but you should do it before you forget. You may want to send a test Niggle from your email to test the account. It's important to NOTE: the email sent must be sent from the email account you have registered with Niggle It so we can recognise your account and create the Niggle for you.
8. Can I email a Niggle to my existing account?
Yes. Send an email into to email@example.com from your email account that you have registered with Niggle It. The Subject will become the Item Name that is listed on Your-Niggles page. Any attachments will be included in the Niggled Item. The default settings are Type of Niggle = Product, Purchase Date = Date email sent. Attachments will be assumed to be Receipts. It's really easy. You may want to send a test Niggle from your email to test the account. You can do even do this from a Mobile smartphone. It's important to NOTE: the email sent must be sent from the email account you have registered with Niggle It so we can recognise your account and create the Niggle for you.
9. Will my data be searchable on the internet?
No. Your data is not presented to search engines and is not searchable on the internet
10. Are my credit card details secure?
YES. Your credit card details are never stored on our servers. For annual subscriptions, your card details are stored securely by our payments partner, Transaction Network Services, who are listed on the New York Stock Exchange and provide payment processing for organisations like Fairfax Digital.
11. How do I create an account?
Simple - just visit the signup page.
12. How do I reset my password?
Please follow the forgot my password page this process will enable you to reset your password.
13. Can I delete my account?
You can delete your files and stop the service at any time. Please contact us if you would like your account deleted.
14. Can anyone else access my account?
No one else can access your account unless you have personally nominated multiple users to have access to it. Some Niggle It services offer multiple users, so that several people have access to the Niggle It account, allowing them to list new items and receive notifications.
15. Will my personal information ever be shared with a 3rd party?
No. Your personal details will never be shared with a 3rd party. All communications will come directly from Niggle It. From time to time we will communicate value-added offers to help you get the best value for your money. We aim to ensure that all direct communications are meaningful and relevant to the specific products that you have listed within Niggle It.
16. How secure is my information?
The Niggle It team takes reasonable steps to protect all Personal Information against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction, or against access by unauthorised persons.
17. How much does a Niggle It cost?
We would also like to cover the question, are there extra fees and charges during a subscription period. There are no hidden fees. We provide the service for the agreed price at the commencement of each subscription period. The team at Niggle It has made sure that the basic subscription will meet the needs of the individual user. Niggle It is available for around $2 month. A small investment considering the savings you can make due to having timely reminders about your warranty and agreement expiry dates.
18. What happens when I use all 5 FREE Niggles in a trial account?
Your Niggles will remain and will be fully active. We will notify you through the Niggle It reminder system to suggest options for your ongoing subscription. We simply hope to demonstrate how you can make every day savings and get back in control of expirations and deadlines. In addition we may more options to help you make savings.
19. How do I get in contact the team at Niggle It?
Just visit the Contact Us page and email us. The Niggle It team aim to respond to you within a maximum of 48hrs but in most cases we will respond within 24 hours. Chris, our co-founder is available anytime on 0488 NIGGLE (or 0488 644453).
20. If I change email address and forget to update my account will I still receive my reminder alerts?
No. You need to ensure your account details are up-to-date at all times in order to receive the reminder emails. The primary account holder is responsible for ensuring that the email account where your alerts are sent is current and valid.
21. What do I need to use Niggle It effectively?
You need access to a computer or mobile device, the internet and a document scanner or a digital camera. If you have a smartphone that can send emails and pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org -easy. If you use an iPhone, it's super easy. You can download our FREE iPhone App to create Niggles while you are shopping or on the go. Please visit the App Store and search for Niggle It".
22. Why do I need a scanner or digital camera?
Using a scanner or digital camera you can electronically capture a copy of the receipts and documents. Once the electronic copies of these documents are uploaded to Niggle It, you will be able to retrieve a copy whenever needed, perhaps to claim on warranties or for your tax records. In most cases a digital camera can be as effective as a good document scanner, if not faster and easier.
23. Is there a size limit for the documents that I can upload?
Yes. Depending upon the Niggle It account type that you select, the maximum file size can range between 5MB and 30MB.
24. How can I tell if I have saved a receipt with an item?
On the Your Niggles page, items listed with a paperclip icon have an attachment uploaded.
25. Is there a limit to the number of items (Niggles) that I can load?
Yes. Depending upon the Niggle It account type and options that you select.
26. Can I browse the site using a WiFi or iPhone?
Yes. The Niggle It application is iPhone, iPad and mobile browser friendly.